Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mush it up!

Have I told you about pudding? Pudding is wonderful. Pudding is creamy and chocolaty and well, I want to make some right now.

Here's how I'll do it:

Chocolate Peppermint Pudding A Go-Go

1 avocado (I know it sounds weird. Just go with it.)
1/4 cup water (Kristen of Kristen's Raw turned me on to using Metro Mint water...oh yeah. So good.)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw agave
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract

Blend all ingredients until creamy and serve or let chill in the fridge. Voila! I can't even tell you how good this is. I will sprinkle dried, unsweetened coconut flakes over the top for added crunch and flavor sometimes, too.

I am constantly amazed at how rich, delicious and satisfying raw treats are. Drawing from nature, I see how things were intended to be. And they were intended to be g-o-o-d.

And before I sign off, let me again lighten the raw load. I was on the phone with a very good friend and fellow raw foodist who suddenly had to put me on hold and sounded really flustered. Finally, she laughed and said, "I'm sorry! I am at Taco Bell and I have to order. I am so sorry!"

Puh-lease. I will eat at Taco Bell. I don't like Taco Bell. I never feel as good from a bean burrito as I do a raw nori wrap or even just carrot juice, but I live a real life. I need to eat sometimes and sometimes nothing else is available.

But if you do have a sweet tooth and are around a blender, try this pudding. It will blow your mind. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I LOVE that water... so refreshing and fun!!!