Thursday, April 17, 2008

Breakfast of Fatties

I would just like to say that I ate cookies for breakfast-- a perfect blend of crunch and chewiness with a delightfully sweet flavor. Mmmm...

Did I mention they are amazingly, unbelievably good for you?!?! Like actually wholesome and nutritious? So wholesome, in fact, that I reached for them INSTEAD of my flaxseed pancakes?!?!

'Tis true. I was running late, didn't have time to mix the coconut oil with the ground flax, and was nearly about to resign myself to no breakfast at all when my eye caught the plastic bag on the counter: dehydrated oatmeal raisin cookies.

I had made them just last night and made an extra batch to turn into granola. Instead of the almond milk and granola, I grabbed two cookies.

I am still trying to convince myself that any shame I now feel is simply in my head. I feel like it was the breakfast of fatties; but it wasn't. I had a breakfast of champions.

How is the whole world not living this way?!?! Food tastes amazing, food nourishes my body, I have energy, I stay healthy, my tummy couldn't be happier.

Can I say it again: It's almost as if God had been trying to bless us all along--we just keep inserting our own thoughts and ways and ruining everything.

Thank You, Lord, for this food. And for the strength to be different.

No comments: